IELTS General Training – prove you have practical, everyday English language skills
IELTS General Training measures English language proficiency in a practical, everyday context. The tasks and tests reflect both workplace and social situations.
Take this test if you would like to:
- train or study at below degree level
- work or undertake work related training in an English speaking country
- emigrate to an English speaking country
- get a better job in your own country.
If you want to emigrate to the UK, find out more about IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI).
The fees for IELTS Academic and General Training are the same in Pakistan. However, provincial government taxes make the amount vary in different cities.
- Rs. Rs.24,150 in Peshawar, Abbottabad and Quetta.
- Rs. 27,290 in Karachi and Hyderabad (includes 13% General Sales Tax levied by the provincial government).
- Rs. 28,014 in Islamabad, Lahore, Bahawalpur, Sargodha, Multan, Faisalabad, Sialkot and Gujrat (includes 16% General Sales Tax levied by the provincial government).
Duration: 2 hours and 45 minutes.
Format: There are four sections to the test: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. When you book your IELTS test with the British Council, the test will take place in an official British Council IELTS test centre.
Your Speaking test may be offered on the same day as the other sections of the test, or up to a week before or after. You will receive notification in advance if your Speaking test is on a different day to your main test day.