You can now take an exam with us again, with your health and safety our number one priority. Sign up now!
Tests we offer
|Test type||Location||Fee (in PKR)||Book|
|IELTS Academic and General Training - paper-based test||Peshawar, Abbottabad, Quetta, Mirpur||33,000||Book now
|IELTS Academic and General Training - paper-based test (includes 13% general sales tax levied by the provincial government)||Karachi, Hyderabad||37,290||Book now|
|IELTS Academic and General Training - paper-based test (includes 16% general sales tax levied by the provincial government)||Islamabad, Lahore, Bahawalpur, Sargodha, Multan, Faisalabad, Sialkot, Gujrat, Sahiwal and Gujranwala||38,280||Book now|
|IELTS Academic and General Training - computer-delivered test||Karachi and Sukkur||37,290||Book now
|IELTS Academic and General Training - computer-delivered test||Lahore, Islamabad, Faisalabad and Peshawar||38,280||Book now|
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training)||Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad||37,500||Book now
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad||27,000||Book now
To book your test you will need to:
Make sure you have a valid passport or national ID card at hand, as you will need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to provide written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test.
Download and read Information for Candidates in English and Urdu, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test in one of the following ways:
- Pay Online: (by credit card). If you choose to pay via someone else’s credit card then you must fill and bring “Credit Card Authorization Form” along your documents on your test day. If you pay via your own credit card then please bring the card on your test day.
- Pay Offline:
- As a most economical way, you can pay by interbank transfer (IBFT) through Online banking or ATM. Find out the payment process details here.
- You can pay by bank draft (made payable to ‘British Council Pakistan’). Bank Drafts should be sent to our office locations
- You can deposit cash at your local Standard Chartered Bank (SCB) / Muslim Commercial Bank (MCB). Use our bank details to make the payment
- You can also deposit cash in your Virtual Account in any SCB branch which has been already created against your IELTS registration number
Cheques are not accepted.
4. Once you have made the payment and if a seat is available on the registered test date, you will get an email confirmation of completed registration within 3 days of confirmation of payment receipt. If no seat is available for your first preferred date you will automatically be transferred to your next preferred test date that you indicated in your application or next available test date.
IELTS test date confirmation
Once you have completed the booking process, you will immediately receive a confirmation e-mail giving you the start time of your test and the venue address. As per availability, you may choose your Speaking Test Date and Time on your main test day or on a different day which are scheduled and available within a week before or after your main test day. You will also receive your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test. After booking your test, you will also receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course Road to IELTS.
Timelines for Payment and Registration Confirmation
All payments should be received to British Council within 5 days from your registration and 3 days before your first exam (speaking or main exam whichever comes earliest). British Council working days are Monday to Friday.
If you make online payment for regular IELTS your registration would be confirmed by system within same day and you would receive registration confirmation e-mail.
If you make online payment for IELTS for UKVI/Life Skills during British Council Pakistan’s working hours (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm), we would confirm your registration on same day otherwise on very next working day.
If you make offline payment for regular IELTS and IELTS for UKVI/Life Skills we would confirm your registration on next working day.
For any mode of payment, it is advised that you should make payment as soon as possible to avoid any inconvenience.
You can check your payment and registration confirmation status at your Test Taker Portal.
Note: We encourage the candidates to register online. However, if you are facing issues registering online, please download the Manual Registration Form here