The British Council in Pakistan offers IELTS Academic, General Training and UK visas and immigration (UKVI) tests.
You can book your IELTS test with us online. When you book with us, you can be certain that you will be taking your test at an official IELTS test centre.
Tests we offer
|Test type||Location||Fee (in PKR)||Book|
|IELTS Academic and General Training - paper-based test||Peshawar, Abbottabad, Quetta||30,000||Book now
|IELTS Academic and General Training - paper-based test (includes 13% general sales tax levied by the provincial government)||Karachi, Hyderabad||33,900||Book now|
|IELTS Academic and General Training - paper-based test (includes 16% general sales tax levied by the provincial government)||Islamabad, Lahore, Bahawalpur, Sargodha, Multan, Faisalabad, Sialkot, and Gujrat||34,800||Book now|
|IELTS Academic and General Training - computer-delivered test||Karachi||34,800||Book now
|IELTS Academic and General Training - computer-delivered test||Lahore, Islamabad||34,800||Book now|
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training)||Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad||35,000||Book now
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad||26,500||Book now
To book your test you will need to:
- Make sure you have a form of valid passport or national ID card at hand, as you will need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- Download and read our Information for Candidates here in English and Urdu, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test in one of the following ways:
- By credit card. If you choose to pay via someone else’s credit card then you must fill and bring “Credit Card Authorization Form” along your documents on your test day. If you pay via your own credit card then please bring the card on your test day.
- By bank draft (made payable to ‘British Council’).
With cash at your local Standard Chartered Bank. Use our bank details to make the payment.
Candidates for Abbottabad can use MCB branches.
By ATM. Find out the payment process details here.
By online bank funds transfer. Find out the payment process details here.
Cheques are not accepted.
4. Once you have made the payment and if a seat is available on the registered test date, you will get an email confirmation of completed registration within 3 days of confirmation of payment receipt. If no seat is available for your first preferred date you will automatically be transferred to your next preferred test date that you indicated in your application or next available test date.
IELTS test date confirmation
Once you have completed the booking process, you will receive a confirmation giving you the start time of your test and the venue address at least 3 days before the test.
Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as the other sections, or on a different day within a 7 day window before your main test day. The test centre will send you a confirmation for the Speaking Test date.
After booking your test, you will also receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course Road to IELTS.
You will also receive your IELTS reference number to access the Test Taker Portal Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.