IELTS Academic – get ready for a higher education environment
The IELTS Academic test measures whether you have the level of English language proficiency needed for an academic, higher education environment. It reflects some of the features of academic language and assesses whether you are ready to begin studying or training.
Take this test if you want to:
- study at either undergraduate or postgraduate level anywhere in the world
- apply for Tier 4 Student Visa at a university that is a Tier 4 Sponsor in the UK
- work in a professional organisation in an English speaking country.
If you are applying to a UK university that has requested you to take an IELTS for UKVI (Visas and Immigration) find out more about IELTS for UKVI.
The fee for Academic and General training is the same in Pakistan. However, provincial government taxes make the amount vary by location.
- Rs. Rs.24,150 in Peshawar, Abbottabad and Quetta.
- Rs. 27,290 in Karachi and Hyderabad (includes 13% General Sales Tax levied by the provincial government).
- Rs. 28,014 in Islamabad, Lahore, Bahawalpur, Sargodha, Multan, Faisalabad, Sialkot and Gujrat (includes 16% General Sales Tax levied by the provincial government).
Duration: 2 hours and 45 minutes.
Format: There are four sections to the test: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. When you book your IELTS test with the British Council, the test will take place in an official British Council IELTS test centre.
Your Speaking test may be offered on the same day as the other sections of the test, or up to a week before or after. You will receive notification in advance if your Speaking test is on a different day to your main test day.