Important update about May-June 2022 exams series
Due to the developing uncertain situation, all GCE and IGCSE exams to be held in Islamabad and Rawalpindi, on the 25 May 2022 (AM/PM sessions) have been cancelled. Exams in other parts of the country will continue as per schedule. We’ve made this decision keeping in mind our duty of care towards our candidates, venue staff, and British Council staff. British Council will submit the special consideration request to the board for all exams components (AM/PM) cancelled on 25 May 2022. Exams from the 26 May and onwards are scheduled to continue as per plan. If there are any further changes to the schedule, we will inform you in due course. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding and continued support.
You can now take an exam with us again, with your health and safety our number one priority. Sign up now!
Every year, two million people from 90 countries sit international exams through the British Council. Our globally recognised qualifications help students to attend the best universities, find amazing career opportunities and set themselves up for a more rewarding life.
Our organisation is trusted by teachers, governments, employers and students, the British Council offers support and advice and ensures the integrity of the exams system at every stage.
As per section 236Y (Income Tax Ordinance, 2001), all international transactions made via credit or debit card are subject to advance tax deduction by the bank at rates 1% for filers and 3% for non-filers. Candidates who choose to pay online via credit / debit card for exams and / or to avail other related services with British Council Pakistan should be aware of the above applicable tax, as the British Council transactions settlement process is executed through an international merchant / banking company. Kindly note that candidates applying for exam refund under British Council refund policy, will not be refunded the advance tax amount as deducted by the bank.
CAMBRIDGE INTERNATIONAL REGISTRATION FOR MAY/JUNE 2022
Cambridge International registration for the session May/June 2022 is now live. Please click here and follow the procedure to register yourself.
Pakistan deadlines for Cambridge International May/June 2022 exams session
|Normal Stage||Monday, 09 February 2022|
|Late-Stage 1||Thursday 10 February 2022 – Friday, 04 March 2022|
|Late-Stage 2||Saturday, 05 March 2022 – Friday, 25 March 2022|
|Access arrangements request||Tuesday, 15 February 2022 - Click here to download the form|
|Modified Question Papers||Monday, 17 January 2022 - Click here to download the form|
Candidates are requested to take note that for each stage registration deadline, you need to have also paid the fee and not just registered on the online registration system.
Any payments made after the deadline will be treated as late and subjected to the appropriate extra late fee.
Special consideration due to Covid specific reasons
If a candidate feels unwell or have symptoms like flu, fever, or cough then they can inform us in advance at email@example.com by sharing their details through the special consideration form. In such a case, if a candidate has attended an exam of the same syllabus earlier or is able to attend an exam later in the series, he/she will receive a grade.
- Candidates are requested to take note that for each stage registration deadline – you need to have also paid the fee and not just registered on the online registration system. Any payments made after the deadline will be treated as late and subject to the appropriate extra late fee. The registration process will be completed after the payment pink slip and registration summary are received at respective British Council office. Therefore, please do not hold on to your registration forms and payment slips after making the payments and make sure that they reach us before the relevant deadline.
- In case if registration documents are not delivered to the British Council, candidates would resolve the issue directly with the respective SCB branch/courier/post office (as for any other postal/courier services). The British Council have no liability for items lost in transit and consequently missed deadlines for sending registration forms.
- It is very important that correct number of the ID document is written at the time of registration. On the test day, no candidate will be permitted to sit for their examination without a valid and original ID. This must be in the form of a NADRA issued CNIC for Pakistani Nationals or Passport for non – Pakistani nationals.
- Pakistani national children younger than 18 years of age will be required to present SMART Card. Please contact your nearest NADRA office if you need a SMART card.
- British Council does not arrange clashes between school and private candidates.
Cambridge May/June 2022 Exams Session
We hope you are keeping safe and well. To support you through the pandemic, Cambridge has extended the deadline to withdraw entries from May/June 2022. Please note that deadline to submit entry withdrawal requests for May/June 2022 exams session is 10 June 2022.
NOTE: We encourage you to submit us pre-session withdrawals by 10 April 2022 so that we can process the refunds against these withdrawals during May/June 2022 exams session. During and after the session, withdrawal will only be possible if the candidate has not sat any exam of a subject for acceptable reasons (Covid-19 or severe medical condition)
Actions for Candidates:
- Fill in the attached template for entry withdrawal requests for May/June 2022 exams session.
- Email the completed entry withdrawal sheets to British Council at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email subject should be “Entry Withdrawal Request - Candidate # (Your Candidate No), Centre # (Your Centre Number)”. For example, “Entry Withdrawal Request - Candidate # 001, Centre # PK200”
- Deadline to submit/email the entry withdrawal form is 10 June 2022.
For refund, please visit https://www.britishcouncil.pk/exam/school/results/refund