The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) is a scholarship scheme that enables students from Commonwealth countries to study in other Commonwealth countries. The scheme has been helping students develop their education since 1959 (over 21,000 Scholarships have been awarded during this time). The fund is managed by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC), on behalf of the UK government.
Scope of Study
- One-year taught Master's course
- Six-month fellowship
- Distance learning
- Split-site scholarship
What does CSFP cover?
- Economy travel airfare
- Visa processing fee
- Tuition fee
- Maintenance and other allowances, during the study period
- Be a Pakistani citizen, residing in Pakistan
- Hold a first degree of upper second class Honours standard (or above), or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification
- Have taken the IELTS English language test.
Applications are considered according to the following selection criteria:
- Academic merit
- The quality of the proposal
- The likely impact of the work on the development of the candidate’s home country.
- Firstly, the candidates are shortlisted based on their application and later they are further assessed through personal interviews. This phase of selection is conducted in Pakistan, by the Higher Education Commission (HEC).
Nominations for the prospective fellows are required to be sent to the Higher Education Commission (HEC), from respective institutions and organisations. The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) London does the final selection on the basis of the nominations sent by the HEC.
For more information, please visit CSFP website.
Please contact us at the following details:
Higher Education Commission, Pakistan:
Islamabad (Head Office)
Sector H-9, East Service Road
Phone: (051) 9040 0000
55-B/2, Gulberg III, Lahore
Phone: (042) 99263092, 99263096
Behind PTV Station
Stadium Road, Karachi
Phone: (021) 99231476-77
NOTE: APPLICATIONS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED