- Q: How does the course work?
- Q: How do I sign up for a course?
- Q: How do the course levels work?
- Q: Are these courses for adults?
- Q: How many students are in a class and how will I communicate with them?
- Q: What is the course fee for each module?
- Q: Can I get a demo session of the course?
- Q: I am looking for a spoken English course. What is the best option for me?
- Q: Will I improve my grammar and vocabulary with these courses?
- Q: How will the course improve my writing skills? Will I get to write essays and get feedback on them?
- Q: Will these courses help me with specific skills like public speaking, personality development etc?
- Q: Do we have live classes, or do we get recordings of classes in these courses?
- Q: What is covered in the various courses or modules of the myEnglish course?
- Q: I am looking for a longer course. What are the options for me?
- Q: How do I enrol in a course?
- Q: What are the course timings?
- Q: Can I change the date of my course after enrolling on it?
- Q: Can I go for a different level from what I scored in the level check?
- Q: What to do if a course is not available at my level?
- Q: How do I choose which module to select from my level?
- Q: My online payment was not successful. What can I do?
- Q: Does the Covid-19 lockdown affect my course?
- Q. How do I log into my course and get access to the learning materials once I have registered?
- Q. What are the learning materials that come with the course?
- Q: Once I buy the course, how do I join the classes and get the materials?
- Q: I have a limited bandwidth internet connection. Can I join the course?
- Q: If I miss a class, will I get a recording of it?
- Q: Will I get a certificate after I complete the course? Will it be physical or e-certificate?
- Q: Can more than one person access a single course login at a time?
- Q: How can I re-register for a course?
- Q: What kind of experience and qualifications do your teachers have?
- Q: What is your Statement of Approach?
A: You study through Live Online Classes and Online Activities. There are 12 hours of live online classes with a teacher and 38 hours of guided online activities over six weeks on this course. You complete a set of online activities each week at your own pace. You attend the live online classes with the teacher as per your weekly course schedule. Usually, classes are held either once a week for two hours or twice a week for one hour each.
The myEnglish course helps you improve your overall English, focusing on all four English language skills, i.e., speaking, writing, listening and reading.
A: Here are the steps on how to sign up for a course:
- Click on the blue ‘Get Started’ button on the course page
- You will be taken to a page where you will take an Online Level Check. This will help us determine your current English level and the course best suited to your needs. The test will comprise 30 multiple choice questions and you will have upto 30 minutes to complete the test
- Click on the ‘Start the level check’ button to start taking the test
- Once you complete the test, you will be shown the course options available to you along with details on each option. Select the module which best suits you.
- Once you do so, you will be able to see the options for the start date and time for your chosen module. Select the start date and time that suits you best. You will have live online classes every week on the same dates and time chose and you cannot change date and time once chosen.
- After selecting the module and start date and time, proceed to the checkout section to pay for the course. Complete the online payment (international transactions will have to be enabled for your card if you are choosing to pay online. There are no additional charges for these international payments from our end). For offline payments please follow the steps here. You will receive confirmation on screen once payment is successful.
- Upon successful payment, you will receive an email with details on how to login to your course and access the course materials. Do check the spam/junk folders to ensure that you do not miss the email.
A: myEnglish is available at Pre-intermediate, Intermediate and Upper-intermediate levels. Each level has three courses or modules. Each course or module has 12 hours of live classes and 38 hours of guided online activities. At each level, you can do the courses or modules in any order. Once you complete a whole level, you move up to the next level.
A: Yes, the myEnglish, myEnglish Workplace and IELTS Coach courses are for adult learners, i.e., those over 18 years of age. Learners younger than 18 years will not be permitted on the course.
A: To ensure that each student has ample time to practice in class and get individual attention from the teacher, our courses have a maximum of 20 students in a class. You will meet and interact with your teachers and classmates during the live online classes using your mic and speakers.
A: The price for each course or module is PKR 11,500 per course for a student.
A: We run course demos every week. Please visit our Facebook page for more details.
A: Our courses will help you develop your skills and confidence in all language skills including speaking, writing, reading and listening. You will get plenty of opportunities during the live classes to practice your speaking and receive feedback from the teacher. Through the course, you will develop your fluency, vocabulary, grammar, listening and pronunciation which are very important to help you become a better speaker.
A: Yes, our courses will help you improve your grammar and vocabulary with plenty of interactive exercises for practice and as well as guidance and feedback from your teacher.
A: The myEnglish course will help you improve all four language skills, i.e., writing, speaking, reading and writing. During the course, you will have the opportunity to submit two optional writing assignments to your teacher and receive feedback.
A: Through our English courses, you will improve your overall communication skills and build your accuracy and fluency to converse in English. You will be able to apply this to a variety of situations and present your ideas more confidently and clearly.
A: You will get to attend live online classes in the course. We use Zoom to deliver our live online classes which allows you to interact with your teacher and classmates. The experience is like being in any British Council class, there is a lot of interaction and opportunities to practice and work together.
This module focuses on building your language skills to talk and write about everyday situations and topics in English including family, lifestyle, habits, jobs, and interests.
You will practise grammar and vocabulary to introduce yourself and write a personal profile, as well as describe visuals and manage informal telephone and email communication.
In this module, you will learn to use vocabulary to talk confidently about your experiences and interests, with a focus on travel, history and events. You will practise describing your home, town and surroundings.
You will build your grammar to talk about the past and the present in order to practice writing biographies and giving descriptions of places and memorable events.
Improve your speaking and vocabulary skills to speak about the arts, culture, and entertainment with this module. You will also develop useful language for writing letters and emails.
You will learn to review films, books, and events, talk about fashion and shopping, and have discussions on culture and technology. You will improve your grammar skills to talk about change as well as the future.
In this module you will learn to use functional language while travelling, shopping, and at social gatherings. You will focus on improving your grammar to talk about both the past and the future.
You will also learn to write informal letters, personal profiles, handle telephone conversations, and ways to make polite complaints and suggestions.
Develop your conversational and writing skills and develop your language in the context of money and banking, dates and times, and travel and transport with this module. Pick up the language you need to get around in a new city or country and help others.
You will learn to write emails, give and clarify information over the telephone. You will also review a variety of tenses to help you express yourself more clearly.
Enhance your conversational skills with topics including health, crime and food in this module. Learn to speak confidently when travelling, at hotels, and at restaurants and to make plans and arrangements.
You will also learn about writing formal letters, stories and descriptions, handling complaints and making suggestions whilst improving your grammar and vocabulary.
Improve your writing and speaking skills with topics ranging from online learning and media to sports to festivals and celebrations. Learn to express your opinions and have engaging debates.
You will also learn to write articles, formal and informal letters, with a focus on honing your vocabulary and grammar to communicate clearly.
Refine your ability to present ideas, persuade and influence others in the world of work, sports, and adventures. Learn to express desires, explain issues and rationalise decisions.
You will also improve your ability to write articles, letters, and applications while enhancing your overall grammar and vocabulary skills.
Centered around the topics of entertainment and society, this module helps you explain issues, make complaints, and seek resolutions confidently for both written and spoken communication.
You will also cover writing articles that are structured well, engaging stories, and film reviews while developing your vocabulary and grammar to express yourself accurately.
A: All our courses are available at multiple levels. After you complete one course, you can sign up for another module within the same or another course. We encourage our students to continue their learning so they can progress in their language skills by re-registering onto further courses. We send our students email communication on how to re-register when your course is about to end. Your teacher will also share information with you. Please do contact our customer service if you require further help with re-registration to your next course.
A: Visit the course page on our website and then click on the ‘get started’ button to complete the online level test and find out your level. Then you will see all the course modules available at your level. Choose the course timing that suits you, add it to your cart, fill in your contact details and complete your payment online.
A: We have a range of course timings available from morning to evening with live online classes on the weekdays or weekends. Once you complete the level check and find out your level, you can see the available course timings for your level that you can choose from. We have courses starting every week. For eg. If you have selected a Tuesday-Thursday course option and a timing of 2-4 PM, you will have live online classes every Tuesday and Thursday from 2-4 PM. Please note that once you have selected the dates and time, you cannot change them.
A: We only allow transfers as per our terms and conditions under exceptional circumstances. We have a range of weekday and weekend options available for our courses. So please choose your course timing carefully.
A: No, learners should join the course at their level to ensure the best learning outcomes.
A: Contact our Customer Service team at 0330-6936400, Mon-Fri 11.00 am to 4.00 pm
You can also write to us at PkmyEnglish@britishcouncil.org
A: You can learn more about the details of modules available at different levels on this page. Also, after you complete your online level check, you will be shown the description of the modules available at your level again so that you can select the module based on your requirements.
A: Contact our Customer Service team at 0330-6936400 / 0800 22000, Mon-Fri 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
You can also write to us at PkmyEnglish@britishcouncil.org
A: Our online courses will be delivered during the lockdown and there wouldn’t be any disruption for you as you can attend these courses from the comfort of your home.
A: Upon completing your course registration, you would have received an email with a link to set up your account username and password. You would have also received a separate email with joining instructions for your live classes and access to learning materials. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours from the time of registration to receive these emails. Do check your spam/junk email folders for emails from email@example.com.
A: Each myEnglish course has comprehensive and interactive online study activities (over 38 hours). You will also receive a student book and guide to help you make the most out of the course. As you have access to the online course materials for 90 days after enrolment, you will even be able to access the online course materials after the course has finished.
A: You will receive an email with your access to the course website. You’ll have access to course materials and live class links on the course website. Please check your email regularly so you don’t miss important course updates.
A: You need a broadband connection or a 4G mobile connection to join the course.
A: To ensure the privacy of our students, we do not record classes. Details about the topics covered are available in the student book and your teacher will be happy to answer any questions you might have.
A: Yes, you will receive an e-certificate if you successfully complete the course.
A: No, the course access or login is meant for the learner who has signed up for the course only.
A: We send our students email communication on how to re-register when your course is about to end. Your teacher will also share information with you. Please do contact our customer service if you require further help with re-registration to your next course.
A: Our teaching team comprises a diverse and varied group of English speakers, who have the knowledge, skills and experience to develop the language communication skills and learning strategies of our learners. All British Council teachers and trainers are fully proficient in English. In addition to a first degree, they all hold international English language teaching and online teaching qualifications, as well as additional qualifications such as Master's degrees, DELTA and CELTYL.
We have been helping students around the world for over 80 years. Our teachers receive continuous professional development on employing the latest teaching methodologies, techniques and technologies for teaching modern, real-life English.
When you learn with the British Council, you are learning with the English experts you can trust.
A: In British Council classrooms, learners succeed in their language learning because teachers:
- set realistic goals with and for their learners
- inform learners of the aims and purpose of learning activities
- create a positive and inclusive learning environment where learners learn with and from each other and feel confident using English in the classroom
- make lessons engaging, personally relevant and appropriately challenging
- help learners develop intercultural awareness and understanding
- help learners develop a positive and persevering attitude towards their English language learning
- use a variety of resources and technologies to meet their learners’ needs
- help learners identify the strategies that suit them best to become successful and autonomous language learners
- give timely and constructive feedback on learning and progress
- encourage learners to reflect systematically and regularly upon their learning and progress.
For course-related queries, please call 0330-6936400, Mon-Fri 11.00 am to 4.00 pm
You can also write to us at PkmyEnglish@britishcouncil.org