The Charles Wallace Visiting Fellowship Programme, managed by the British Council in Pakistan, enables mid-career professionals across a broad range of disciplines (see below) to undertake short visits to the United Kingdom to broaden their professional knowledge, skills, and contacts. Its two principle purposes are:
- High-level study and research
- Professional networking and interaction with peers.
The fellowship may take the form of an attachment to a university department, professional institution, or arts organisation.
A fellowship may last for between two weeks and a maximum of two months.
Eligibility of applicants
Applicants who have studied in the UK/US/Canada/Australia/Europe/China in the last 5 years are not eligible to apply, nor are previous beneficiaries of Charles Wallace awards.
A Candidate for these fellowships should:
- Be a Pakistani national, residing in Pakistan, aged between 30 and 55
- Show a written invitation (for the period of time applied for) from a UK institution or arts body
- Normally hold a doctoral degree if proposing to undertake research in a UK university.
- Apply only in the subject areas listed below.
Current terms of the award
- Successful candidates will receive a grant of £1,500 per month and a contribution of the equivalent of £1,000 towards visa and travel costs.
- The award holders are responsible for making all their own arrangements in the UK, including accommodation, in consultation with their host organisations.
The following disciplines are eligible for support under this programme:
- The social sciences and humanities
- The arts (all art forms) and creative industries
- The environmental and medical sciences.
For more information, please write to email@example.com
Applications for grants for the academic year 2023-24 are now closed. New dates will be announced soon.