Certificate in Secondary English Language Teaching(CiSELT – Proficient) is an internationally recognised British Council teacher education course aimed at developing secondary school teachersteaching learners aged 11-18. The course is for secondary school teachers with a level of English B1 and above.
The aim of CiSELT-Proficient course is based on the practical application of methodology for the classroom and aims to combine theory with good practice. The course objectives are to:
- develop teachers' methodological skills
- develop communicative, reflective and learning-centred teaching skills
- develop classroom based research skills
- professionalise teachers classroom practice
CiSELT Proficient consists of the following four modules:
- Getting Started
- Language Awareness
- Teaching Skills
- Core Classroom Issues
Date: 29 October – 03 November 2016
Time: 09:00 am – 05:00 pm
Venue: British Council Lahore
Course fee: PKR 36,500/- per teacher
British Council will offer discounts:
- 5% discount per participant for 4 – 6 nominations from one organisation
- 10% discount per participant for 7 – 10 nominations from one organisation
* Please note that an individual, school or institute can only avail one of these discount packages at one time.
Profile of trainer
Jeantine Alicia Hasper
- CELTA Certificate– Certificate in English Language Teacher to Adults
- YL Extension to CELTA – Certificate in English Language Teaching to Young Learners
- Delta - Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults
- Post - Graduate Diploma in Primary Education (=PGCE)
- MEd in Education in Applied Linguistics
- MA in Public Administration
Jeantine Alicia Hasper has been working in the ELT industry for over 15 years and has worked on various projects for the British Council, International House, Ministries of Education, private schools, education providers and publishers in primary, secondary and vocational contexts. She delivers a variety of Cambridge accredited teacher training courses (TKT, CELTA, YL Ex & Delta Module 3) around the world. Her passion is to enable teachers to enhance effective teaching & learning within challenging contexts. Anna’s specialism is enabling English primary and secondary school teachers with local constraints, such as limited resources, to become the best teacher they can by enhancing all students’ learning opportunities through engagement.
Jeantine Alicia Hasper is passionate about working with young and very young learners and is currently involved in writing and setting up an online young learners teacher development course for ELT Campus.
Limited seats are available. Nominations will be entertained on first-come-first-served basis. Interested candidates should fill in the attached application form and send to Shakeela Ejaz at 65-Mozang Road, Lahore along with the pay order or demand draft no later than Wednesday 21 September 2016.
Interested institutes should send in filled institutional nomination form on their letterhead along with the individual application forms for all candidates no later than Wednesday 21 September 2016.
If you are interested or have any inquiry, please send an email at PK_English@britishcouncil.org.pk.