Call for Facilitator
This call aims to provide young students in universities and colleges an opportunity to engage in social action within their communities to address local issues through our institutionalized Citizenship Education &Community Engagement Programme - Active Citizens. The British Council is interested to seek the Expression of Interest from interested trainers/facilitators across Pakistan to conduct/facilitate the trainings of the faculty members of the degree awarding institutions as a part of the Citizenship Education & Community Engagement Programme - Active Citizens.
|Closing date||Thursday, 25 June 2015|
We aim to equip 150,000 young leaders across Pakistan with skills to help them:
- Address social issues
- Access decision-making
- Contribute towards uniting people of all generations to build stronger communities
The selected facilitators will facilitate the training for faculty members of partner universities. This training is aimed to build the capacity of the faculty members as Active Citizens facilitators to understand and deliver Active Citizens learning module to the students in the classroom.
Citizenship Education & Community Engagement Programme- Active Citizens
Terms of Reference (ToR)
Inputs of Facilitators
Key responsibilities of the Facilitator will include:
I. Develop and agree training plan for Citizenship Education & Community Engagement Programme- Active Citizens with British Council Pakistan and local University partner.
II. Facilitate a minimum of four to six training (each training is of 5-days) with faculty members of selective University partners in Pakistan during August 15 – July 2016.
Specific tasks include:
- Agree design and programme with British Council Pakistan, University partner and co-facilitator
- Facilitate agreed sessions during training
- Review training with co-facilitator, University partner and British Council Pakistan
- Report writing
- Documenting workshop feedback forms
- Provide mentoring and support to new facilitators in cascading training
III. Take the lead in field support visits of Universities after delivering Training of Facilitators (TOF) of faculty members from October 2015 - March 2016. Tasks include:
- Support in cascading TOF in classrooms with students
- Feedback and mentoring support to faculty members on session delivery
- Work as mentor in implementation of SAPs in field
- Support in University Exchange visits
- Support in policy dialogues
The Facilitator is expected to submit a narrative report to the British Council at the end of each workshop/field visit. The format of the report is to be agreed with the British Council and a local partner.
How to apply
Download the application form available below and email the filled application form to Malik.Wasim@britishcouncil.org.pk.