Terms of Reference (TOR’s) for Alumni Mapping Exercise
The objective of the Alumni Mapping exercise is to gather the information and share profiles of the UK Alumni working in different organization across Pakistan. The British Council requests the services of a consultant for the Alumni Mapping Exercise for a period of two (02) months.
|Closing date||Thursday, 31 December 2020|
The consultant will be required to make contact with identified organizations, request that the UK alumni in these organizations sign-up to be members of the UK Alumni community for the British Council in Pakistan and if and when needed interview, collect and share their profiles with us. The data will be collected through face to face meetings or where required through electronic surveys/forms designed by the consultant and approved by the British Council following our policies.
This short-term consultancy contract will require the following from the consultant.
- The consultant will be required to help us build a database of seven thousand - ten thousand (7,000-10,000) UK Alumni working in Pakistan in two months.
- The initial desk research will be conducted by the consultant and identification of key points which need to be included in the survey form will be discussed and agreed with the British Council’s Higher Education & Skills and International Education Services Teams.
- The layout plan of the exercise will be designed in collaboration with the British Council Higher Education & Skills and International Education Services Teams.
- The consultant will be required to agree on the number of cities and organizations to be covered in the first phase referred to as 01 month of the project, followed by organizations and cities to be covered in phase 02 of the project.
- The consultant will be required to share a brief summary on how the Alumni Mapping exercise will be managed and concluded successfully.
- The consultant will be required to identify organizations with UK Alumni working in different positions. The British Council Higher Education & Skills and International Education Services teams will also support by providing list of organizations, if applicable.
- The survey form for the data collection, will be designed by the consultant, and this will require an approval from the British Council Higher Education & Skills and International Education Services Teams.
- The consultant will be required to travel to different organizations across Pakistan for the purpose. The consultant will be responsible for his/her own travel and accommodation arrangements, and will not be under the British Council “Duty of Care”
- The consultant will agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the British Council and policies such as GDPR and IGRM. These will be shared with the consultant.
- The consultant will be required to attend weekly meetings with the British Council team and update them on the progress of the work conducted.
The Expression of Interest should include:
- Organization/ individual profile and up to date CV
- A layout of how the Alumni Mapping Exercise will be conducted successfully
- Tentative list of cities and organizations for the Mapping Exercise
- Report on previous projects - consultancy provided by this organization or individual
- Consultancy Fee - For the total duration of the project e.g 02 months
- Evidence of the required qualification
- Experience of prior consultancy projects
- Understanding of the British Council's Objectives
How to apply
Please submit your expression of interest to the above requirements by 31 December 2020 with the email subject “Consultancy for Alumni Mapping - Pakistan” and send it to Jawad.Khan@britishcouncil.org.pk and Namra.Mansoor@britishcouncil.org.pk
Please note that responses will be given to successful applicants only.