To provide leadership of the Pakistan Arts team and to support the strategic development of the British Council’s Arts programme in Pakistan. Working as a member of the British Council Pakistan’s Senior Leadership team and as a senior member of the Regional and Global Arts team, this role will develop, deliver and evaluate the Arts strategy and programmes for Pakistan, which contributes to the British Council’s Cultural Relations mission.
|Location||Karachi, Lahore or Islamabad|
|Salary||Pay Band 8|
|Closing date||Sunday, 02 February 2020|
- The post-holder will be excellently networked within the Pakistan Arts sector, and will use these relationships and expertise to fully connect the Arts sector in Pakistan with the relevant UK counterparts, working closely with our UK Arts Advisors to achieve ambitious partnerships and curatorial excellence.
- To design a strategy and deliver a programme portfolio in Pakistan which is delivered through collaboration between the creative sectors in the UK and Pakistan, creating links and helping both to develop and prosper.
- A primary role for this post holder is to lead and develop the Pakistan Arts team ensuring that ambition, operational standards are high, and that staff are supported in their own learning to grow and develop. Important to the success of this role will be building internal relationships across the organisation in the country, region and UK Arts teams.
- The post-holder will take accountability for the operational of the Arts team, ensuring resourcing, reporting, compliance and sound financial management of grant funds within the frameworks of British Council guidelines.
- This role is a senior member of the regional Arts team and will support Director Arts, South Asia, to raise the profile of our work in the region and the UK.
How to apply
Please refer to the document attached below.