PAK-UK Education Gateway is a partnership between the British Council and the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan which aims to develop human resource capital and cultivate knowledge capital through improved quality of higher education and skills development institutions in Pakistan.It opens doors for strong partnerships in policy learning, through which stakeholders from both the UK and Pakistan can co-develop solutions to challenges faced by Pakistan's education sector, and contribute to the social and knowledge economies of both countries. The project was designed based on shared interest and mutual benefit for both the UK and Pakistan.
The aim of the travel grants is to enhance and strengthen links for future collaboration, build research capacity and boost career opportunities for researchers.The grants will be awarded in collaboration with the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan, and should be based on the following key thematic areas of the PAK-UK Education Gateway:
- INNOVATIVE, IMPACTFUL AND COLLABORATIVE RESEARCH
- DISTANCE LEARNING AND NEW WAYS OF DELIVERY OF HIGHER EDUCATION
- INTERNATIONAL MOBILITY AND TRANSNATIONAL EDUCATION
A visit to partner institutes in the UK or Paksitan should last between 1-2 weeks.
- Applicants must be either Pakistani or United Kingdom citizens associated with Higher Education institutes in either of the countries.
- The travel grant is available for travel with the purpose of developing links between the Higher Education institutes in either Pakistan or United Kingdom in developing research and collaboration in one or more of the above mentioned thematic areas.
- Applicants should have a strong interest from the host institute or partner university in making a strategic partnerships at a later stage.
- Letter of endorsement (on letterhead) from their head of institute/organisation/university. The letter should include:
- How the proposed activity will help in developing linkages between Pakistan and United Kingdom
- The aptitude, capability and potential of the Applicant to benefit from the opportunity of a Travel Grant.
- Successful applicants are required to submit a final report within 30 days of their visit. A post-visit online questionnaire and a final report template will be sent to successful applicants.
Successful applications will receive a grant of 2,000 GBP against all necessary travel, accommodation, visa and subsistence costs for the visit. Grantees are responsible to make all arrangements in the UK and Pakistan in consultation with the British Council and their host institute. They will need to follow British Council travel advise before finalising their visit plans for Pakistan and the UK.
Completed applications should be sent to
Application forms can be downloaded from the downloads section below