The British Council is a world authority in English language teaching and teacher training. We have developed a number of English teacher training courses for the teaching community globally. All of these courses focus on the latest requirements of the 21st century and on the changing scenario of the education world.
Teaching courses and qualifications
KARACHI – Certificate in Secondary English Language Teaching - Advanced, 30 October –03 November 2018
After the success of our summer training programme 2018, we are pleased to announce the British Council Fall 2018 Teacher Training Programme which offers training courses for secondary level [English language] school teachers. Like previous years, British Council recruits highly trained, competent and experienced trainers from the UK to conduct the course in Pakistan. The deadline for registrations is Friday 19 October 2018.
Certificate in Secondary English Language Teaching (CiSELT – Advanced) is an in-service British Council teacher education course aimed at developing secondary school teachers teaching learners aged 11-18. The course is for secondary school teachers with a level of English B1 and above.
The CiSELT-Advanced course is based on the practical application of methodology for the classroom and aims to combine theory with good practice. The course objectives are to:
•develop teachers' methodological skills
•develop communicative, reflective and learning-centred teaching skills|
•develop classroom based research skills
•professionalise teachers classroom practice
CiSELT-Advanced consists of the following four modules:
2.Content Focused Learning and Teaching
3.Creative Teaching and Learning
4.Special Needs and Inclusive Learning
CiSELT really covers all language and teaching skills - even thinking skills - in detail while also building the necessary knowledge and skills in teachers to handle common classroom challenges. CiSELT is truly well rounded – it even has a detailed learning component around special needs and inclusive education. This helps a CiSELT trained teacher sensitised and equipped to be able to manage diversity in the classroom.
|Certificate in Secondary English Language Teaching (CiSELT – Advanced)||30 October – 3 November 2018||Karachi||5 days||PKR 36,500|
The British Council will offer the following discounts:
- 10% early bird discount per participant for schools or institutes who send in nominations by Tuesday 09 October 2018.
- 05% discount per participant for teachers (schools or institutes) who have attended at least one CiPELT or CiSELT training with the British Council after 01 January 2017.
- 05% discount per participant for 4 – 6 nominations from one school or institution.
- 10% discount per participant for 7 – 10 nominations from one school or institution.
- 15% discount per participant for 11 – 15 and 16+ nominations from one school or institute
Application deadline and registration procedure:
Limited seats are available. Nominations will be entertained on first-come-first-served basis. Interested candidates should fill in the attached application form and send it along with the pay order or demand draft in favour of ‘British Council’ no later than Friday 19 October 2018 to:
Mr Usman Khalid
British Deputy High Commission
Please note that the British Council will not accept any application forms received after Friday 19 October 2018. Interested institutes should send in filled institutional nomination form on their letterhead along with the individual application forms for all candidates no later than Friday 19 October 2018. Pay order / demand draft needs to be made in the favour of ‘British Council’.
If you have any enquiry, please send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
LAHORE – English for Teaching 3 (EfT3) – Block 1, 05 – 09 November 2018
British Council Pakistan is delighted to announce English for Teaching – 3 (Block 1); details of which are as below:
English for Teaching – 3 (EfT3) - (Block 1) is a comprehensive training course for in-service L2 teachers of English who need to further develop their English language and teaching skills. It has a dual focus on improving participants’ language and teaching skills. The methodology component is based on the British Council’s Continuing Professional Development Framework (CPDF).
EfT3 is designed for teachers of English:
- who have an English language level of B2
- who have at least two years of teaching experience
- who are from Primary and Secondary level
EfT3 follows a learner-centred approach which includes both a focus on communicative methodology as well as opportunities for study and analysis of grammatical patterns. Key features are:
- contextualised language input and practice
- opportunities to relate content to participants’ own teaching situations
- communicative task stages related to ELT contexts which guide participants through a series of preparation activities to complete the task
- analysis of target language items
- focus on common learner mistakes to determine underlying causes
- consciousness-raising approach to language analysis through guided discovery and
- reflective activities to facilitate learning and improve teaching
- hands-on practice through micro-teaching
EfT3 – Block-1 consists of the following six modules:
- What’s in a word?
- For or against
- The future of language
- English around the world
|English for Teaching 3 (EfT3) – Block 1||05 - 09 November 2018||Lahore||5 Days||PKR 38,500|
British Council will be announcing EfT3 – Blocks 2 and 3 in the next Quarters. Participants of EfT3 – Block 1 will be given preference on selection with 10% discount for the next two blocks.
|Discount Packages||% discount on total amount|
|Early bird discount who applies by 11 October 2018||10%|
|4 - 6 nominations from one organisation||5%|
|7 - 10 nominations from one organisation||10%|
|11 - 15 nominations from one organisation||15%|
What the participants will get:* Please note that an individual, school or institute can only avail one of these discount packages at one time.
British Council will provide you:
- Foreign (UK) Trainer for the duration of the course
- Course participant manual
- Two-time tea / coffee and lunch for the duration of the course
- British Council’s Certificate on successful completion of the course
Application deadline and registration procedure:
Limited seats are available. Nominations will be entertained on first-come-first-served basis. Interested candidates should fill in the application form at the link: https://www.research.net/r/EFT3-Nov18 and send the pay order or demand draft in favour of ‘British Council’ no later than 23 October 2018 to: