The British Council is a world authority in English language teaching and teacher training. We have developed a number of English teacher training courses for the teaching community globally. All of these courses focus on the latest requirements of the 21st century and on the changing scenario of the education world.
British Council Pakistan is delighted to announce our training programme featuring Certificate in Primary English Language Teaching (CiPELT-Steady) and Certificate in Secondary English Language Teaching(CiSELT – Advanced) courses.
- Certificate in Primary English Language Teaching (CiPELT) is an in-service course aimed at primary teachers working in large mixed-level classes. The course is based on the practical application of methodology for the classroom and aims to combine theory with good practice. Certificate in Primary English Language Teaching (CiPELT – Steady) is an internationally recognised British Council teacher education course aimed at developing primary school teachers. It is designed for teachers of Grade 3 and 4, that is primary years 3 and 4.
The aim of CiPELT-Steady course is to apply teaching methodology and resource development for young learners of English who are not beginners but are between the ages of 8 and 10.
- The module covers how children develop cognitively and with their language
- It looks at how to plan, manage and assess the progress of classes
- Early literacy and developing reading skills are covered at word level
- The focus is on consolidating listening and speaking skills while beginning to develop literacy skills.
- Certificate in Secondary English Language Teaching (CiSELT – Advanced) is an in-service British Council teacher education course aimed at developing secondary school teachers teaching learners aged 11-18. The course is for secondary school teachers with a level of English B1 and above.
The aim of CiSELT-Advanced course is based on the practical application of methodology for the classroom and aims to combine theory with good practice.The course objectives are to:
- Develop teachers' methodological skills
- Develop communicative, reflective and learning-centred teaching skills
- Develop classroom based research skills
- Professionalise teachers classroom practice
CiSELT-Advanced consists of the following four modules:
- Classroom Processes
- Content Focused Learning and Teaching
- Creative Teaching and Learning
- Special Needs and Inclusive Learning