The British Alumni Association of Pakistan (BAAP) is a society of UK graduates living in Pakistan. It was formed as a part of British Council’s global alumni development initiative. Representing graduates from various UK Universities, our various cultural, social and educational activities have brought British graduates, new and old, closer together.
UK Alumni Photo Exhibitions 2019-2020
Are you a graduate of a UK higher education institute and currently working in Pakistan?
The British Council would like to profile UK graduates doing incredible work in their fields through photo exhibitions across Pakistan. These exhibitions will be a part of networking events which will help raise profiles and share the incredible stories of UK alumni in Pakistan. If you think that you have a great story to tell through a photo, take 3 action shots of your work with your mobile phone and share it with us! SEE THE POSTER
Make sure the images follow the guidelines below:
- High resolution– not pixelated/ blurry
- Good lighting
- Landscape shots only
- Photo credits
- Size: No more than 2MB each image
- 250 words description on each image
- Month and year the picture was taken
- Ensure consent has been taken from all participants of the image
To submit, email with the following: your full name, UK university, current address, city and phone number on firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject: Submission-UK Alumni Photo Exhibition.The email should not exceed 10 MB
The photo submissions will be judged according to the criteria below:
- Subject of the image
- Story behind the image
- Description of the image
Last submission date is now 25 August 2019
UK Alumni Scholarships 2019
This year we are happy to announce UK Alumni Scholarships 2019. These scholarships which are worth GBP 1,000 (per scholar) are intended for the professional development of UK alumni in Pakistan.
Some examples of professional development include:
- To attend a conference or workshop in the alumni’s field of study or employment
- To complete a short-term training that adds value to the alumni’s resume
- To maintain links with UK institutions or organisations, such as participating in trainings, competitions or events by UK higher education institution
- To undertake further research in an area of expertise
- To organize an event such as a conference or workshop in their field for professional development of other UK Alumni
The only eligibility criteria for this scholarship is that you must have graduated from a higher education institute in the UK.
- Complete the application form (see the documents section below)
- Short-listing of applications
- Finalization of scholars
- Goals that the scholar has set out in the application
- Impact that the proposed activity will have on the scholar’s development
- Wider impact that the proposed activity will have on the scholar’s profession/community/more widely in Pakistan
- Quality of application
Please email your completed application by 11:59pm, Sunday, February 17th at email@example.com and attach a copy of your degree from your UK university for verification.