The Digital Library app, powered by MyLOFT, enables instant access to all our digital resources in one place - on any device and with a single log-on!
Setting up your Digital Library account and logging in to the app
- Once your membership is activated, you will receive an email titled ‘Welcome to the British Council Digital Library’
- Click ‘Set Password’ in the email and choose a password for your Digital Library account.
- Launch the web app and select British Council as your institution. Then click ‘Sign into the British Council Digital Library’
- On the next screen, select Pakistan from the country dropdown and log in with your email address and the password you just created.
- When you log in for the first time, follow the prompt to install the MyLOFT browser extension.
eBooks, Audiobooks, Comics and Magazines by OverDrive
- Click the resource you wish to access in the MyLOFT app. Find eBooks under ‘Fiction’. Search titles by keyword or browse by Subject or Collection.
- Select a title and click ‘Borrow’ and then ‘Read/listen now in browser’ to access instantly.
- Borrowed items are returned automatically after 14 days. To return an item early, go to ‘My Account’ and then ‘Loans’.
- You can also download Audiobooks to your computer to enjoy offline.
Film, TV and Kids’ Videos by Kanopy
- Go to ‘Films’ in the MyLOFT app and then ‘Add library card’.
- Enter your email address in the Library Card Number box and hit ‘Continue’
- Next, enter your name and email address, and set a password to create your Kanopy account. Hit ‘Continue’.
- You will receive a verification email from Kanopy. Tap the ‘Verify email’ button in the message to finish setting up your account.
- Log in to Kanopy with the account details you just set up.
- To access children’s videos in the app, go to ‘Kanopy Kids’ in the top right corner.
Academic eBooks by Proquest
- Go to ‘eBooks - Academic’ in the MyLOFT app. Search titles by keyword or browse by subject.
- Select a title and click ‘Read online’ to access instantly.
- To download a title, hit ‘Download book’ and ‘Create account’. Enter your email address and set a password.
- Select your device and click ‘Get Adobe Digital Editions’.
- Once you’ve downloaded and installed Adobe Digital Editions, ebooks you download will automatically open in the app.
- You will also be able to choose a loan period when downloading ebooks from Proquest.
- Open Adobe Digital Editions whenever you would like to read to a downloaded title.
Enjoy one-click access to these resources in the MyLOFT app
- Newspapers and Magazines by PressReader: Click ‘Newspapers’
- JStor Research: Click ‘Database’
- EBSCO Academic, Business and History Reference Centers: Click ‘Academic’, ‘Business’ or ‘History’
- Qello Concerts and Selector Radio: Click ‘Concerts’ and ‘Music’ respectively
- Infobase Professional Training: Click ‘Training'
- LearnEnglish Kids: Click ‘Kids’