It is important that you read and accept the IELTS test terms and conditions when you register for the test.
You also receive the terms and conditions in the Notice to Candidateswhich is included with the application form.
The terms and conditions contain important information, including details of:
- Test day arrangements
- What you can take into the test room
- The rules you need to follow
- Test security
- What you can expect from the results process
- Cancellations process
How we use your information
When you sign the declaration in the application form you are confirming that you have read and understood the IELTS test terms and conditions and agree to abide by them.
Security at IELTS tests is important to us. As an added measure, all participants will be required to have their photograph taken by IELTS administrative staff, IELTS candidate Identification verification on their test day. Please make sure that you review the photograph instructions supplied to you after you have booked your test.
IELTS will also require candidates to provide their finger scan on their first appearance for test, refusal to comply with IELTS identity verification will prevent candidates from taking the test and they will not be eligible for any transfer or refund.
If you lose your ID document after applying for the test, please immediately inform IELTS staff at your local British Council office. Impersonation and/or misconduct are taken very seriously.
Candidates may postpone their test, but postponement must be made at least five weeks prior to the scheduled test date.
Candidates will be asked to bring an original receipt and fill in an IELTS Request for Refund or Test Date Transfer Form. A postponement fee of Rs. 4,750 will be charged in all circumstances which must be paid along with the application for transferring of the test date.
The allotment of the next date of test will be at the sole discretion of the centre and subject to availability. No request will be entertained after the cut-off period i.e. less than 5 weeks prior to the test date.
Candidates may cancel their test, but cancellation must be made at least five weeks prior to the scheduled test date. Candidates will be asked to bring an original yellow receipt of payment fee and bank details and fill in an IELTS Request for Refund or Test Date Transfer Form.
You can apply for a refund in following situations:
• Refunds to candidates who pay an incorrect fee at the time of deposit will only be considered if the original deposit is over Rs1000 more than the actual test fee.
• Cancelations more than five weeks prior to the test date will receive a refund, but will incur a 25% administrative fee. If you cancel your registration within five weeks or less of the test date, you will not receive a refund unless you can provide appropriate evidence to support your cancellation. If this applies to you, please complete and submit an IELTS Request for Refund or Test Date Transfer Form along with the Supporting Evidence form. We will need to receive your request and supporting evidence at least five days before the test date.
- For transferring of test date please use the IELTS Request for Refund or Test Date Transfer Form. We must receive this document at least five weeks prior to the test date. The allotment of the next date of test will be at the sole discretion of the centre and subject to availability. An administrative fee of Rs. 4750 will incur for this service. An administrative fee of Rs. 4750 will incur for this service.
For more information please see the IELTS transfer or cancellation policy.
Amendment of test module or centre
Candidates may amend the test module (Academic/General Training) but any amendment is subject to availability of question papers.
Candidates can also transfer test centres for a Rs. 500 will be charged as an administrative fee. This is also subject to availability.