You can apply for a refund in following situations:
• Refunds to candidates who pay an incorrect fee at the time of deposit will only be considered if the original deposit is over PKR 1,000 more than the actual test fee.
• Cancelations more than five weeks prior to the test date will receive a refund, but will incur a 25% administrative fee. Candidates who seek to cancel their registration within the five-week period prior to the test date will only receive a refund if they can satisfy the Administrator that their ability to sit the test has been affected by illness or serious cause. Serious causes include:
- illness – e.g. hospital admission, serious injury or illness (does not include minor illness such as a mild cold)
- loss or bereavement – death of a close family member
- hardship/trauma – victim of crime, victim of a traffic accident
- military service
In case of illness, you must provide a medical certificate. If the medical certificate is not from a reputable, mainstream hospital, the CNIC number of the medical practitioner will be required. We shall also require your timetable and a completed Refund Form to support your request.
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR REFUNDS
- Candidates must lodge an application for refund no later than five working days after the test date.
- Candidates must complete a Request for Refund Form and attach the appropriate documentation and/or evidence. Acceptable documents may include a medical certificate from a qualified medical practitioner, a death certificate, or a police report. Statutory declarations and certificates signed by family members are not acceptable.
- Candidates must provide payment confirmation with the refund application
- If the fee was paid in cash, the original Yellow Slip should be provided
- If paid through credit card, the payment Confirmation Slip should be provided
- If the candidate’s application is approved, the centre will refund the test fee to the candidate. However the centre may deduct an administrative fee (no more than 25% of the test fee).
If a request is not raised 5 weeks before the test date, it shall not be entertained UNLESS it falls under one of the reasons listed above.
If it falls under one of the reasons listed, the candidate will contact the British Council, and shall be asked to confirm the following information:
- Whether the yellow deposit slip candidate copy is available with the candidate.
- For candidates who paid through a credit card, they will be asked whether they have their payment confirmation receipt.
If these documents are not available, the refund request shall not be entertained
- If the candidate is applying for the refund 5 weeks before the test date or
- If the candidate is applying for refund within 5 weeks of test date or
- If the candidate is applying for refund within 5 days after test date
If the criteria listed above are met, the candidate will then be asked for their CNIC for our record. Subsequently, the candidate shall be informed of a date, time, and location for a refund meeting with a member of the British Council staff. The candidate shall also be asked to complete and bring the refund application form to the meeting along with relevant supporting documents, as per the reason cited for the refund.
- For transferring of test date please use the IELTS Request for Refund or Test Date Transfer Form. We must receive this document at least five weeks prior to the test date. The allotment of the next date of test will be at the sole discretion of the centre and subject to availability. An administrative fee of Rs. 5,750 will incur for this service. An administrative fee of Rs. 5,750 will incur for this service.
For more information please see the IELTS transfer or cancellation policy, in the documents section below.