The Charles Wallace Visiting Fellowship Programme, managed by the British Council in Pakistan, enables mid-career professionals across a broad range of disciplines (see below) to undertake short visits to the United Kingdom to broaden their professional knowledge, skills and contacts. Its two principle purposes are:
- Study and research
- Professional networking and interaction with peers.
The fellowship may take the form of an attachment to a university department, professional institution, or arts organisation.
A fellowship may last for between three weeks and a maximum of three months.
Qualifications of Applicants
Candidates for these fellowships should:
- Be Pakistani national, residing in Pakistan, aged between 30 and 55
- Have a written invitation (for the period of time applied for) from a UK institution or arts body
- Normally hold a doctoral degree if proposing to undertake research in a UK university.
- Apply only in the subject areas listed below.
Terms of the Award
- Successful candidates will receive a grant for £1,500 per month and a contribution of the equivalent of £900 towards visa and travel costs.
- The award holders are responsible for making all their own arrangements in the UK, including accommodation, in consultation with their host organisation.
The following disciplines are eligible for support under this programme:
- The social sciences and humanities
- The arts (all art forms) and creative industries
- The environmental and medical sciences.
How to apply
Application forms can be downloaded from the download section below.
Candidates should send a completed application form, a curriculum vitae, and a letter of invitation from a UK institution to email@example.com
Submission deadline: Monday, 15 August, 2022
Short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview, either in person or online, between August end and early September 2022, and successful candidates will be able to take up their awards from October 2022 onwards.