Addressing Global Challenges: Challenge Fund for Youth Leaders in Pakistan
This Challenge Fund aims to invest resources in innovative and unique social action projects that aim to address global challenges impacting Pakistani communities.
|Closing date||Friday, 03 December 2021|
British Council has been present in Pakistan since 1948, offering opportunities focusing on education, culture, arts and youth engagement.
Pakistan is the fifth largest young country in the world and has largest generation of young people ever recorded in national history, 27% are aged between 15 and 29. Large disparities exist among the youth demographic, depending on gender, location, and socio-economic background. Education remains a major challenge. Pakistan is one of the five most affected countries by climate change in 21st century. Absence of environmental and social safeguards, and socio-cultural barriers place marginalised groups, such as young girls and disabled youth, at further risk. Inclusive engagement mechanisms for youth remain weak and require strengthening to shape inclusive policies for future. Social and civic engagement of young people and strengthening personal resilience are increasingly recognised as a key pillar of sustainable development, for example in the UNDP’s Youth Strategy and British Council’s Strategy 2025 (Youth voice, influence, and participation).
Therefore, we are pleased to announce, “Challenge Fund for Youth Leaders in Pakistan”. This Challenge Fund aims to invest resources in innovative and unique social action projects that aim to address global challenges impacting Pakistani communities.
This opportunity is for British Council Alumni only who have completed their leadership training and social action projects through the following programmes during 2009 – 2021.
Eligible Alumni from:
- Active Citizens programme
- Take A Child to School programme
- Aawaz II
(please note that your programme certificate MUST be provided along with your application)
The Social Action Projects will focus on the following priority areas.
- Climate Change
- Girls education
- Gender and inclusion
- Applicant/s must have completed their Active Citizens programme learning journey (training + social action projects) before the application deadline
- Applicant/s must focus on at least one of the priority areas mentioned above through their existing/new social action project
- Project plan should fulfil all criteria mentioned in the application form
- Applicant/s must attach all required documents mentioned in application form
- Only one project plan should be submitted
- Late/incomplete applications will not be included in selection process
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
How to apply
Please submit duly filled application form to Iftikhar Ahmed at email@example.com by 5pm (Pakistan local time), 26 November 2021. Please mention in title “Challenge Fund for Youth Leaders in Pakistan”.